Jane Iredale Cosmetics
Jane iredale mineral cosmetics provide flawless coverage while caring for skin. So effective, the range is used by professional make-up artists and worn by celebrities the world over.
Started in 1994 by Jane Iredale, a former Hollywood casting director, it pioneered the concept of mineral makeup that also had skincare benefits.
Jane’s success in reaching women of all ages is based on the belief that true makeup artistry comes not from trying to make a face conform to the latest fashion trends, but from enhancing the wearer’s natural beauty and, as a result, allowing her personality to shine.
The most beautiful cosmetic you can wear is a healthy skin. That’s why everything jane iredale develops is a true extension of skin care. Their makeup is not just a refinement of conventional makeup; it’s a new technology. It’s so safe and effective it is recommended by plastic surgeons, dermatologists and skin care professionals the world over.
These state-of-the-art minerals are available in so many colours that there’s something for everyone.
The wide range of products contain no harsh chemicals, artificial dyes or fillers so they can be applied immediately after treatments. Only the highest grade minerals are used, and the natural pigments reflect light to give a gorgeous soft-focus effect!
The benefits of this approach include:
- Pores are not blocked (non-comedogenic). Mineral particles form a protective barrier on the skin that allows it to breathe and function normally.
- Oil free. The only oils used are in skin conditioning products such as under-eye concealer and lip products.
- Minimum allergy risk. Products do not contain substances that commonly cause skin allergies and sensitivities such as chemical preservatives, chemical dyes, perfume and alcohol.
- Sun protection. Several jane iredale products are recommended by the Skin Cancer Foundation for their protection from both UVA and UVB rays.
- Anti-inflammatory. Products contain a number of ingredients that actively calm and soothe irritated skin.
- Adherence. Because of the micronization process the mineral particles undergo, they bind together on application. Resulting in products that resist running, creasing and smearing.
- Complete coverage for skin conditions like acne, rosacea.
The company have a strong concern for the environment and were one of the first companies to sign the Compact for Safe Cosmetics. Products are not tested on animals and are certified cruelty-free by PETA.